Recently I interviewed the MVBClub’s Susan K. It proved to be an entertaining as well as informative experience.
1. What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I absolutely love the 17/18th century English genre of books. Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters are by far my favorites. These young ladies were talented beyond their years and wrote only about a world they knew. Because of their literary works, I wanted to be a writer too and became an avid reader.
2. What do you enjoy most about reading books, plays etc?
I enjoy the mental escape of books, literature and theatre. They teach me to use my imagination, to increase my vocabulary and help me to look at the world and its people with an open mind.
3. Do you have a favorite author or authors? If so who are they?
My favorite authors female: Jane Austen, Bronte Sisters. Male: Shakespeare, CS Lewis, F.S Fitzgerald and the poetry of Maya Angelou
4. How has your favorite author or authors influenced your everyday life?
They have taught me propriety, social grace and even the proper interactions between the sexes. The relationships that we have between men and women have never changed. We all long for love and a balanced life.
5. Since you are an avid reader which do you prefer: paper books or ebooks?
I have a hard time reading books online or via ebooks. I find I cant get the feel of the book. I love the touch of paper and oh my do I eat my books. Don’t worry not literally but I always make notes, underlined, fold, flip and spill something on them. It’s why I buy all my books. I never borrow. They will never return the way they were originally given..haha
6. How did you become involved with the MVBCLUB?
I was invited by good friends that I met on Twitter. There was a guy that loved books but found that other men didn’t share his joy. So together, us girls and two men have come together to write and be apart of the club.
7. What is your favorite aspect of belonging to the MVBCLUB?
I love reading, so I enjoy reading the different aspects and views of each of the members. But I love the most, our friendship. We work well together and love how even though we live in different countries, we are the closest of friends.
8. What type of stories do you like to write?
I like young adult stories. I like to write stories where they use their imagination yet still learn valuable lessons and principles. I am not into stories that use profanity, sex or things that will frighten the youth. They have the news for that. I like to write stories that will give them a world that is always safe
9. Can you tell us more about your burgeoning writing career?
I have written a 10 part series of young adult short stories. They are like fables where lessons are learned and there is always a moral to the story. The book series are with editors and are being put together as we speak. I took some time off due some family circumstances. We hope to have the first series published by Winter 2014. I am so excited!
10. Lastly are there any book recommendations and/or writing tips you could offer to our readers?
1. Write what you know and love.
2. Carry a writing pad with you at all times.
3. Edit, edit, edit
The MVBClub would like to thank Susan for taking the time out of her busy schedule for our interview. As always it was a great time.